AUTO-BLiP is a patent pending, advanced electronic module that automatically blips (opens) the throttle when downshifting gears on an automobile equipped with a manual transmission and an electronic accelerator pedal system. AUTO-BLiP eliminates the need for the heel-and-toe maneuver. This allows the driver to focus 100% on braking while simultaneously downshifting gears. AUTO-BLiP works by monitoring your automobile’s accelerator pedal position sensor (TPPS), brake pedal, and clutch pedal, and only blips the throttle when both brake and clutch pedals are pressed in sequence. AUTO-BLiP reduces mechanical wear and tear on manual transmissions and improves vehicle stability when downshifting gears. Simply put, better brake control combined with optimum engine drive equals faster lap times.
- The standard Auto-Blip module works with most automobiles. Certain vehicles will require a customized version, and or additional accessories (see our Support Center tab for details). Post installation, follow the calibration procedure outlined in the installation manual.
- Simple connection to your vehicle’s existing sensors. AUTO-BLiP connects directly to your vehicles throttle pedal position sensor (TPPS), brake pedal switch, and clutch safety interlock switch. We highly recommend that you consult with an experienced mechanic for installation and comprehensive support.
- Will not interfere with your vehicle’s on-board diagnostics. AUTO-BLiP has been designed to work with your vehicle’s OEM electronics, and when properly installed, it should not cause any adverse effects or engine fault codes
- A one-time calibration process for easy interface to your vehicle’s OEM sensors. Once AUTO-BLiP has been properly installed in your vehicle, a six-step calibration routine allows it to learn your vehicle’s throttle, brake, and clutch configuration. Four LEDs display the unit’s functional status. The AUTO-BLiP provides the user with a simple and easy to view status of the brake pedal, clutch pedal, and blip events.
- On-the-fly tuning capability made easy via the two-face plate mounted dials. By simply turning the dial labeled “DURATION”, the user is able to set the desirable RPM blip level. The “DELAY” dial allows for the addition of a constant time delay from the time a downshift event is sensed to when the unit generates the throttle blip event.
- On/Off button mode. By simply toggling the On/Off face plate mounted button, the unit will go from active blip mode to a bypass off mode.
- Auto power down mode. AUTO-BLiP will automatically go into bypass off mode after 6 hours inactivity.